Re up 14 p at 54.54 on hopes of USD inflow on FDI vote win
- Arvind Kejriwal to launch AAP's Lok Sabha poll campaign from Haryana today
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
Pramit Brahmbhatt, CEO, Alpari Financial Services (India) said: "Expectations of government's push for policy reforms continued to support gains in the rupee today."
Meanwhile, the premium for the forward dollar ended better on fresh payments from banks and corporates.
The benchmark six-month forward dollar premium payable in May rose to 171-172 paise from last close of 169-171 paise.
Far-forward contracts maturing in November also firmed up to 317-1/2-319-1/2 paise from 316-318 paise.
The RBI has fixed the reference rate for the US dollar at 54.5690 and for euro at 71.5290.
The rupee recovered against the pound sterling to 87.85 from Tuesday's close of 88.12 and also turned positive to end at 71.39 per euro from 71.49.
It improved further against the Japanese yen to 66.36 per 100 yen from previous close of 66.67.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Government blames BJP for delay in passage of Telangana bill in Rajya Sabha, may extend Parliament session
- Dhoni, do you believe you can win abroad? | The Indian Express
- ‘Troop movement should’ve been avoided if they knew (V K Singh’s) court date’