Ready and on time, but no bus to Dera Beas
- Yakub Memon's mercy plea rejected, Sena calls it a message to terrorists
- Ready to discuss Sushma in Parliament, but not Raje, Chouhan: Arun Jaitley
- RS deadlock: Govt ready for debate, Oppn says get your ministers to resign first
- SC rejects Centre's review against scrapping quota for Jats
- Curfew in Jamshedpur after clashes over alleged eve teasing, at least 100 arrested
Several residents of the city were left stranded at the Panchkula bus stand, as the bus service to Dera Beas was scrapped by authorities two days ago, allegedly without any prior notice.
Even as authorities maintain the route was not profitable, the residents say they would have been spared the harassment had they received prior intimation.
"There is a regular bus service from the Panchkula bus stand to Amritsar, Jalandhar, en route Dera Beas. Now, we learn that the service has been terminated," said Roshan Lal, a passenger at the bus stand.
Another passenger Mohan Diwan said, "After waiting for around 20 minutes, we were informed that the bus service has been terminated. The authorities should have made arrangements to inform the public of the same."
While Traffic Manager Manohar Lal refused to comment on the issue, another official at the bus stand said, "The service to this route was recently terminated by the Traffic Manager as the route was not profitable. Instead of receiving money at the rate Rs 15 per kilometer, we barely managed Rs 9 for every kilometer."
Haryana Roadways' general manager K L Kalson, meanwhile, maintained he would look into the matter and investigate if the bus service on the route was indeed terminated without prior intimation.