Ready to discuss deal in Parliament, says PM
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Monday that he and his government would not shy away from a discussion on the controversial VVIP helicopter deal in the coming Budget Session of Parliament.
"We can always sit down. There is scope for discussion. Parliament is a forum for discussion. We are ready to discuss all issues," the Prime Minister said when asked about the Opposition's threat to stall Parliament on the chopper controversy.
The PM was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan to give the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development to noted social worker Ela Ramesh Bhatt.
The Budget Session of Parliament begins on Thursday.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed