Shah Rukh Khan security: India reacts angrily, tells Pak's Rehman Malik to save its own Muslims
- Cabinet rejects Rahul Gandhi's ordinance agenda, clears Jat reservation
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
Union Home Secretary R.K Singh on Tuesday gave a stern message to Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik, saying that India is quite capable of providing security to its own citizens.
Malik had created yet another controversy when he requested the Indian government to provide security to Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan.
Singh further asked Malik to look after the security of Pakistani citizens and not to worry about Shah Rukh Khan.
"We are capable of looking after the security of our own citizens. Let him (Rehman Malik) worry about his own," Singh said.
Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi on Tuesday asked Interior Minister Rehman Malik to first look after security and safety of Pakistani Muslims who are targeted by terrorists almost on a daily basis and not to worry about protection of Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan.
Alvi said: "Pakistan Interior Minister Malik's statement should be condemned strongly. He should not meddle in India's internal matters. The Interior Minister should first look after safety and security of the people of Pakistan. Pakistan is not able to protect its own countrymen
"People of India have made Shah Rukh Khan what he is today. In this country Constitution gives equal rights to Muslims. Pakistan has no right to ask for safety of Shah Rukh."
Reacting strongly against Malik's remark on Shah Rukh Khan, BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain on Tuesday asked the Indian government to register a strong protest by calling the High Commissioner Salman Bashir, and advised Malik to first look after the condition of Pakistani Muslims.
Hussain added: "Rehman Malik should apologise as his statement on Shah Rukh is like meddling in India's internal affairs.
"He (Malik) should first see the condition of Muslims inside Pakistan. India is best country for Muslims and the government of India provides adequate security to every citizen of the country."
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today