Received threats for speaking about Hafiz Saeed: BJP leader
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi today claimed he received threat calls from abroad last week cautioning him against speaking about Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed and others.
Naqvi said he wrote a letter to the Home Minister the following day informing him about the calls and demanded that government should deal "effectively" with terror-related issues.
"I got a call on February 16 and I wrote a letter to the Home Minister and the Home Secretary informing them about the call. The caller threatened me about speaking against Hafiz Sayeed," the BJP vice president told reporters outside Parliament.
The twin blasts in Hyderabad yesterday and the threat call reflect the fact that terror elements are working with nefarious designs in mind to destabilise peace in the country, he said.
"I urge the government to address these issues not casually but with effective and strong mindset. The message should go that no element can destabilise the unity of the country," he said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express