Record snow in Moscow; heaviest fall in 50 years
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Moscow, the Russian capital has been hit by record breaking 12 centimetre snowfall, disrupting flights and creating massive traffic snarls with forecasters warning that the unprecedented storm will rage till Friday.
Quoting Russian Emergency Centre, Itar-Tass reported that this was the heaviest snowfall in the city in the last 50 years.
The centre said in the past 24 hours, Moscow was experiencing continuous heavy snowfall creating a 12 centimetre white cover over the city.
More than 70 flights were disrupted by the unusual heavy snow with most of the airlines operating from Domodedovo airport running hours later.
The Emergency Centre warned that all roads in the capital would be clogged and power supply and transmission links were likely to be affected by the snow.