Record snow in Moscow; heaviest fall in 50 years
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
Moscow, the Russian capital has been hit by record breaking 12 centimetre snowfall, disrupting flights and creating massive traffic snarls with forecasters warning that the unprecedented storm will rage till Friday.
Quoting Russian Emergency Centre, Itar-Tass reported that this was the heaviest snowfall in the city in the last 50 years.
The centre said in the past 24 hours, Moscow was experiencing continuous heavy snowfall creating a 12 centimetre white cover over the city.
More than 70 flights were disrupted by the unusual heavy snow with most of the airlines operating from Domodedovo airport running hours later.
The Emergency Centre warned that all roads in the capital would be clogged and power supply and transmission links were likely to be affected by the snow.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment