Record snow in Moscow; heaviest fall in 50 years
- Quota row: Curfew imposed in Gujarat's Mehsana district
- Indrani Mukherjea, former Star TV CEO Peter Mukherjea's wife, arrested on murder charge
- India's population 121.09 crore; Hindus 79.8 pc, Muslims 14.2 pc: Census
- Kejriwal meets PM Modi, talks about better Centre-State relation
- BJP registers comfortable win in Bengaluru civic polls, setback for Congress
Moscow, the Russian capital has been hit by record breaking 12 centimetre snowfall, disrupting flights and creating massive traffic snarls with forecasters warning that the unprecedented storm will rage till Friday.
Quoting Russian Emergency Centre, Itar-Tass reported that this was the heaviest snowfall in the city in the last 50 years.
The centre said in the past 24 hours, Moscow was experiencing continuous heavy snowfall creating a 12 centimetre white cover over the city.
More than 70 flights were disrupted by the unusual heavy snow with most of the airlines operating from Domodedovo airport running hours later.
The Emergency Centre warned that all roads in the capital would be clogged and power supply and transmission links were likely to be affected by the snow.