Aamir Khan's 'Dhoom 3' ready to set new records
- Coal blocks allocation scam: CBI questions key PM advisor TKA Nair
- Vladimir Putinâs âenvoyâ seeks India deals to counter Western sanctions
- Malaysia asks US to provide undersea surveillance equipment to search for the missing Malaysian plane
- After Advani, Jaswant gets the snub, Cong import Sonaram is BJP Barmer nominee
- Elections LIVE: BJP veteran Jaswant Singh likely to contest as an Independent from Barmer; AIADMK Chief Jayalalithaa guns for 40 seats
2013 has been an exceptional year for the film industry, with new records being made and broken (Chennai Express Vs Krrish 3) and the audience has been treated to massive masala entertainers. While 'Chennai Express' and 'Krrish 3' were the last films to have set new records, the latest release 'Dhoom 3' isn't far behind.
With the stupendous Opening and massive response that 'Dhoom 3' has received, we take a look at some of the records the film intends on breaking:
Opening Day (India): The record currently being held by the Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone starrer 'Chennai Express' for the Highest Opening Day collections stands at Rs. 33.1 crores.
Highest Single Day Collections (India): Another record established this year in terms of Highest Single Day collections is by the Hrithik Roshan starrer 'Krrish 3' that collected Rs. 35.91 crores.
Opening Weekend (India): Again 'Chennai Express' set a new record becoming the Highest Opening Weekend Grosser raking in Rs. 100.42 crores (counting paid previews).
First Week (India): On the other hand, the Highest First Week Collections record is held by 'Krrish 3' that collected Rs.
Highest Grosser of 2013 (India): 'Krrish 3' became the Highest Grosser of 2013 collecting Rs. 244.47 crores since its release.
All Time Highest Grosser (India): Krrish 3 is also the Highest Grossing film in the history of Bollywood collecting Rs. 244.47 crores.
All Time Highest Grosser (USA): Within the US market, Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' holds the record of being the All Time Highest Grosser (USA) collecting USD 65,33,849.
All Time Highest Grosser (UK): 'My Name Is Khan' featuring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol retains the record of being the All Time Highest Grosser (UK) with collections of Pounds 26,26,608.
Opening Weekend (USA): 'Chennai Express' that collected USD 24,16,513 is currently the Highest Opening Weekend Grosser in USA.
- Letter of the Week: Summer of discontent
- Youth’s murder may hamper JMM candidate’s prospects
- Valley, local students clash at Rajasthan varsity
- Cong ship rocks as heavyweights jump to Oppn camp
- Don’t know accused: SC judge rejects hint of bias in murder case
- After Advani, Jaswant gets the snub, Cong import Sonaram is BJP nominee for Barmer