Recruitment of anganwadi workers in MP scrapped
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Barely 10 days before 29,000 anganwadi workers and assistants were to be appointed, the state government abruptly cancelled the recruitment process following complaints of irregularities. Making the announcement on Wednesday, CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan said the recruitment process will begin afresh.
Sources in the Directorate of Integrated Child Development Scheme said the process to finalise recruitment of anganwadi workers and assistants to 9,691 newly sanctioned anganwadis and 9,691 mini anganwadis was in final stages.
An anganwadi worker and an assistant take care of one anganwadi while only an assistant is appointed to a mini anganwadi. A worker draws a monthly honorarium of Rs 2,500 while an assistant gets half of that amount.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed