Recruitment scam at Nagpur Ordnance Factory
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
CBI here has registered offences against against Bhabatosh Basant Mazumdar, an examiner and a union leader at Ordnance Factory (OF) and his son Soman Mazumdar and other OF officials for accepting bribe to the tune of Rs3-4 lakh per candidate for recruitment of labourers.
SP Sandip Tamgadge said, "Nearly 25,000 applicants had applied for 250 posts and appeared for the preliminary examination on February 1. Of these, approximately 5,000 appeared for the main exam Sunday, February 24. "
"CBI had information about demand of Rs 3.5 lakh being made for facilitating recruitment. A trap was laid and Soman was caught. He confessed to his and his father's involvement and senior OF officers," he added.