Recruitment scam at Nagpur Ordnance Factory
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
CBI here has registered offences against against Bhabatosh Basant Mazumdar, an examiner and a union leader at Ordnance Factory (OF) and his son Soman Mazumdar and other OF officials for accepting bribe to the tune of Rs3-4 lakh per candidate for recruitment of labourers.
SP Sandip Tamgadge said, "Nearly 25,000 applicants had applied for 250 posts and appeared for the preliminary examination on February 1. Of these, approximately 5,000 appeared for the main exam Sunday, February 24. "
"CBI had information about demand of Rs 3.5 lakh being made for facilitating recruitment. A trap was laid and Soman was caught. He confessed to his and his father's involvement and senior OF officers," he added.