Red sanders worth Rs 2 cr seized from West Delhi
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Maxwell, Miller lead KXIP to stunning win
The Crime Branch of the Delhi Police on Thursday seized 10 tonnes of red sandalwood worth Rs 2 crore, meant to be smuggled to China.
The sandalwood was recovered from a godown in West Delhi, police said.
According to police, the seizure was made following a tip off that a man (name withheld), who is allegedly involved in the illegal export of red sandalwood from India to China, has stocked the wood in his godown in Janakpuri.
"We raided the premises in the presence of officials of the Department of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) and seized the red sanders. This was kept in the store to be smuggled to China. The matter is under investigation and further action will be taken," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) S B S Tyagi said.
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota
- ‘Start political revolution by defeating Rahul, Modi’
- Count of Monte Carlo: Wawrinka tames master, becomes one