Red zone maps authenticated, district admin asks: Who will pay survey cost?
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
This came after a petition by Shiv Sena corporator Seema Salve against the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) for construction activities, including a housing scheme for urban poor in the zone where no development is allowed as per law.
The demarcation would affect not only the upcoming housing project but also some MIDC areas. Salve had alleged that the housing project violated the Works of Defence Act and did not have necessary environmental clearance.
The Defence authorities staed in the Bombay High Court that the PCMC overstepped its limits in going ahead with construction of the 11,760-unit housing project at Sector 22 without obtaining their clearance.