Red zone maps authenticated, district admin asks: Who will pay survey cost?
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
This came after a petition by Shiv Sena corporator Seema Salve against the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) for construction activities, including a housing scheme for urban poor in the zone where no development is allowed as per law.
The demarcation would affect not only the upcoming housing project but also some MIDC areas. Salve had alleged that the housing project violated the Works of Defence Act and did not have necessary environmental clearance.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms