Red zone maps authenticated, district admin asks: Who will pay survey cost?
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
This came after a petition by Shiv Sena corporator Seema Salve against the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) for construction activities, including a housing scheme for urban poor in the zone where no development is allowed as per law.
The demarcation would affect not only the upcoming housing project but also some MIDC areas. Salve had alleged that the housing project violated the Works of Defence Act and did not have necessary environmental clearance.
The Defence authorities staed in the Bombay High Court that the PCMC overstepped its limits in going ahead with construction of the 11,760-unit housing project at Sector 22 without obtaining their clearance.
- A youth leader takes on Congress veteran in the NE primary
- On Women’s Day, ECI holds special campaign to woo women voters
- Disgruntled Aam Aadmi Party worker smears ink on Yogendra Yadav’s face
- Welfare Party of India fields candidates in 18 seats
- Mid-day meal workers clash with police, a few injured
- Indigo plane catches fire on landing, none hurt