- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An animated film 'When Faith Mocks At Life', based on an event in Sikh history, will be screened on September 9 at 5 pm at Bal Gandharva auditorium, Deccan. Directed by Sukhwinder Singh, the movie is set in Punjab in the year 1745. It revolves around a father-son pair who refuse to renounce their Sikh faith even in the face of death at the hands of the governer of Lahore. The production house Vismaad has directed and produced the film.
Krishna's saga retold
The saga of Krishna was depicted in a musical organised by Banyan Tree in the city on Thursday, September 6 in association with Shobana Chandrakumar, actress and dancer. The dance-drama 'Krishna' was an amalgamation of classical compositions, folk songs, Bollywood soundtracks. The production featured Shobana essaying the role of Krishna and actors like Shabana Azmi, Konkona Sen Sharma, Nandita Das and Milind Soman contributing as voiceovers. The ballet performance took the audience on a journey that starts from Mathura, where Krishna dances with the gopis and told the story of his life as a teacher, messenger and negotiator. The play emphasised the idea of dharma and adharma put across in a playful yet logical way. Shobana was given a standing ovation by most of the audience at the end of her performance.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal in¬†fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence has¬†begun
- Movie review: ‚ÄėJai ho‚Äô | The Indian Express