Refused money for liquor by kin, man assaults two-year-old son
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi to file nomination papers from Amethi today
A Man allegedly banged his two-year-old son on the road following a quarrel that he started after he was refused money for consuming liquor on Monday afternoon.
Police arrested the man identified as Satish Nakosha Bhosale (32), a resident of Pimpalgaon in Ahmednagar. Chitra Pawar of Shanti Nagar lodged a complaint with the Bhosari police. Satish's son, Shahin Bhosale, has been admitted to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Police said that Satish is addicted to liquor. His wife and son were staying with Chitra Pawar, a relative. Around 4 pm on Monday, Satish went to Pawar and demanded money for consuming liquor.
After being refused, Satish started a quarrel. An enraged Satish then banged his son on the road near PMPML bus stop in Bhosari.
Satish has been arrested under Section 307 (attempt to murder) and 502 of the Indian Penal Code. "He was produced before the court on Tuesday and was remanded in police custody till March 2," police said.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit