Register murder case: HC tells Punjab Police
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Amritsar set for PM vs Modi contest
In his detailed order, passed on Tuesday, Justice Mehinder Singh Sullar has held "to my mind, the conclusion is inescapable and irresistible that the initial investigations conducted by the police of Police Station City Rajpura, by virtue of which, the case was projected to be of accident, are not only arbitrary & illegal, but mala fide as well, at the instance of Gurmit Singh, the then SDM Patiala, father of accused Zorawar Singh".
The order further reads "Once the DIG (Crime) Kunwar Vijay Partap Singh has conducted the inquiry in a very fair manner and submitted a cogent report of investigation, in that eventuality, it was the mandatory duty of the welfare State to implement it and to act accordingly. Why this report was not implemented, remains an unfolded mystery, leaving the petitioner in lurch to wander from pillar to post to seek justice, but in vain".
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota