Register murder case: HC tells Punjab Police
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
In his detailed order, passed on Tuesday, Justice Mehinder Singh Sullar has held "to my mind, the conclusion is inescapable and irresistible that the initial investigations conducted by the police of Police Station City Rajpura, by virtue of which, the case was projected to be of accident, are not only arbitrary & illegal, but mala fide as well, at the instance of Gurmit Singh, the then SDM Patiala, father of accused Zorawar Singh".
The order further reads "Once the DIG (Crime) Kunwar Vijay Partap Singh has conducted the inquiry in a very fair manner and submitted a cogent report of investigation, in that eventuality, it was the mandatory duty of the welfare State to implement it and to act accordingly. Why this report was not implemented, remains an unfolded mystery, leaving the petitioner in lurch to wander from pillar to post to seek justice, but in vain".