Rekha not a part of Krrish 2
- Robert Vadra attacks govt on privileges for MPs and other VIPs at airports
- Khetan says will not spare Bhushans after 'paid journalist' charges
- Eating beef not a fundamental right: Maha govt tells HC
- ISIS leader Baghdadi seriously wounded in US air strike: Report
- Political intervention in bureaucracy inevitable: PM Modi
There is much speculation about who will be in Rakesh Roshan's Krrish 2, the sequel to his science fiction superhero thriller, Krrish.
Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra played the lead pair in the original. Hrithik played Krishna, a boy with supernatural powers who follows his girlfriend to Singapore. Rekha was perfect as his protective grandmother and Naseeruddin Shah as the evil Dr Siddhanth.
Like the original, this time round too Hrithik will play superhero. But Rekha will not be a part of the film. It has also been confirmed that Vivek Oberoi is to play a strong negative character for which at one time Shah Rukh Khan and Ajay Devgn were considered. Likewise, Chitrangda Singh is to play a vamp in the film. Names like Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif were tossed around for the female lead, but it is Priyanka who is confirmed for the sequel.
This time, the science fiction will be a bigger budget extravaganza. If all goes well, Krrish 2 is expected to go on the floors in India in October this year. Rakesh Roshan will be directing the movie.