Rekha not a part of Krrish 2
- Pakistan High Commission staffer asked to leave India after leak of sensitive defence documents
- Cyrus Mistry hits back at Tata Group with slew of allegations: Fraudulent transactions, unethical ways
- Tata Sons vs Cyrus: Sebi, govt keep watch, BSE seeks clarification
- Kashmir is a matter for India, Pakistan to sort out: British PM Theresa May
- It's unfortunate, because it has set a terrible precedent: Farhan Akhtar on Johar-MNS deal
There is much speculation about who will be in Rakesh Roshan's Krrish 2, the sequel to his science fiction superhero thriller, Krrish.
Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra played the lead pair in the original. Hrithik played Krishna, a boy with supernatural powers who follows his girlfriend to Singapore. Rekha was perfect as his protective grandmother and Naseeruddin Shah as the evil Dr Siddhanth.
Like the original, this time round too Hrithik will play superhero. But Rekha will not be a part of the film. It has also been confirmed that Vivek Oberoi is to play a strong negative character for which at one time Shah Rukh Khan and Ajay Devgn were considered. Likewise, Chitrangda Singh is to play a vamp in the film. Names like Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif were tossed around for the female lead, but it is Priyanka who is confirmed for the sequel.
- A letter like Cyrus Mistry’s could deepen the credibility crisis of Indian capitalism
- The transgender rights bill dilutes the private member’s bill passed by Rajya Sabha
- Diverse myths around the festival underpin Hinduism’s openness
- Polygamy and gender justice debate is more complicated than it is made out to be
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor