Relatives of politicians to chairman's child, Haryana Civil Services all in family
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
At least two-thirds of the 30 candidates selected to Haryana Civil Service posts this year are relatives of political leaders and influential bureaucrats.
The candidates selected by the Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) include the daughter of the HPSC chairman and the son-in-law of the state power minister.
The candidates were selected after a three-stage process that involved a preliminary exam, main exam and interview. The final result for 151 posts of HCS and allied services, which included the 30 HCS posts, was declared in October.
Those who made the cut include
* Rohit Yadav, son-in-law of Capt. Ajay Singh Yadav, Haryana's power minister.
* Ekta Chopra, daughter of M S Chopra, OSD to Haryana chief minister.
* Radhika Singh, daughter of Manbir Singh, HPSC chairman.
* Gagandeep Singh, son of Sarban Singh, IAS, principal secretary, public health engineering department.
* Meenakshi Goyal, daughter of S K Goyal, IAS, secretary, irrigation department and managing director, HSMITC.
* Gauri Middha, niece of B B Batra, MLA, Rohtak.
* Kiran Singh, niece of Diluram Bajigar, former Congress MLA from Guhla Cheeka.
* Sudhanshu Gautam, nephew of retired IAS officer D D Gautam and son of S D Gautam, chief administrative officer in the office of director, town and country planning.
* Pooja Bharti, daughter-in-law of retired IAS officer Ram Bhagat Langyan, director, Dr B R Ambedkar Studies Centre, Kurukshetra University.
* Ruchi Singh, daughter of IRS officer Amreek Singh.
* Richa Rathi, wife of Sanjeev Rathi, deputy excise and taxation commissioner (vigilance).
* Mamta Sharma, niece of R C Sharma, a HCS officer who is a close confidant of Ambala MLA Venod Sharma.
* Sheelpi Patar, daughter of M S Patar, retired managing director, labour and construction federation.
* Gaurav Antil, a customs officer posted in Delhi and learnt to have recently been engaged to the daughter of a top political family of Rajasthan.