Release Ajmal Kasab, or Jet Airways plane will be hijacked: caller to airliner
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
A hijack threat call delayed the departure of a Jet Airways flight from here to Bangalore this afternoon.
According to sources, the airline received a threat with the caller saying that unless the Mumbai attack terror convict Ajmal Kasab was not released, the aircraft would be hijacked.
The Mumbai-Bangalore flight 2301 was delayed by over two hours after a call centre of the carrier received an anonymous call that the aircraft would be hijacked, Mumbai airport sources said.
The call was received around 3:40 pm, 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight with around 50 passengers and crew.
The aircraft was moved to a remote parking bay and checks were being carried out as per the standard operating procedure, the sources said.