Release Ajmal Kasab, or Jet Airways plane will be hijacked: caller to airliner
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Elections LIVE 2014: Modi would have ousted Vajpayee like Jaswant and Advani, says Rahul
A hijack threat call delayed the departure of a Jet Airways flight from here to Bangalore this afternoon.
According to sources, the airline received a threat with the caller saying that unless the Mumbai attack terror convict Ajmal Kasab was not released, the aircraft would be hijacked.
The Mumbai-Bangalore flight 2301 was delayed by over two hours after a call centre of the carrier received an anonymous call that the aircraft would be hijacked, Mumbai airport sources said.
The call was received around 3:40 pm, 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight with around 50 passengers and crew.
The aircraft was moved to a remote parking bay and checks were being carried out as per the standard operating procedure, the sources said.