Release Ajmal Kasab, or Jet Airways plane will be hijacked: caller to airliner
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A hijack threat call delayed the departure of a Jet Airways flight from here to Bangalore this afternoon.
According to sources, the airline received a threat with the caller saying that unless the Mumbai attack terror convict Ajmal Kasab was not released, the aircraft would be hijacked.
The Mumbai-Bangalore flight 2301 was delayed by over two hours after a call centre of the carrier received an anonymous call that the aircraft would be hijacked, Mumbai airport sources said.
The call was received around 3:40 pm, 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight with around 50 passengers and crew.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?