Release Ajmal Kasab, or Jet Airways plane will be hijacked: caller to airliner
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
A hijack threat call delayed the departure of a Jet Airways flight from here to Bangalore this afternoon.
According to sources, the airline received a threat with the caller saying that unless the Mumbai attack terror convict Ajmal Kasab was not released, the aircraft would be hijacked.
The Mumbai-Bangalore flight 2301 was delayed by over two hours after a call centre of the carrier received an anonymous call that the aircraft would be hijacked, Mumbai airport sources said.
The call was received around 3:40 pm, 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight with around 50 passengers and crew.
The aircraft was moved to a remote parking bay and checks were being carried out as per the standard operating procedure, the sources said.