Release Ajmal Kasab, or Jet Airways plane will be hijacked: caller to airliner
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A hijack threat call delayed the departure of a Jet Airways flight from here to Bangalore this afternoon.
According to sources, the airline received a threat with the caller saying that unless the Mumbai attack terror convict Ajmal Kasab was not released, the aircraft would be hijacked.
The Mumbai-Bangalore flight 2301 was delayed by over two hours after a call centre of the carrier received an anonymous call that the aircraft would be hijacked, Mumbai airport sources said.
The call was received around 3:40 pm, 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight with around 50 passengers and crew.
The aircraft was moved to a remote parking bay and checks were being carried out as per the standard operating procedure, the sources said.