Release Ajmal Kasab, or Jet Airways plane will be hijacked: caller to airliner
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- In UP, Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- Defence Ministry orders CBI probe into purchase of Rolls Royce engines by HAL
A hijack threat call delayed the departure of a Jet Airways flight from here to Bangalore this afternoon.
According to sources, the airline received a threat with the caller saying that unless the Mumbai attack terror convict Ajmal Kasab was not released, the aircraft would be hijacked.
The Mumbai-Bangalore flight 2301 was delayed by over two hours after a call centre of the carrier received an anonymous call that the aircraft would be hijacked, Mumbai airport sources said.
The call was received around 3:40 pm, 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight with around 50 passengers and crew.
The aircraft was moved to a remote parking bay and checks were being carried out as per the standard operating procedure, the sources said.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)