Release dates for Vishwaroopam finalised
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Vishwaroopam theatrical release on January 25, the Hindi version releases on Feb 1, and both to premiere on DTH on Feb 2
Film-maker Kamal Haasan has finally bowed down to the theater owners' demand. He will now release his ambitious project Vishwaroopam on DTH one week after the film releases in the theaters. The film which was to release on January 11 in the theaters with the DTH release on the night of January 10, will now see its Tamil and Telugu theatrical release on January 25. The film can be viewed on DTH, a week later, on February 2. However, the Hindi version, Vishwaroop, will hit the big screens on February 1, while it will have its DTH premiere on February 2. "Keeping the request of my exhibitors in mind I have differed the DTH release date," stated Kamal Haasan in a statement issued to the press adding that he will announce the names of his DTH partners soon. This was confirmed by his publicist.
According to Haasan, the cost of per view will be cut down. They are also contemplating three different time slots from which the viewers can choose from. Those who have already paid will be refunded by the DTH companies or the amount would be adjusted as part of the payment of the new slot if they wish.