Release of Vijay's Thalaiva unlikely in Tamil Nadu
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The much-awaited release of Vijay starrer Thalaiva is unlikely tomorrow as it is yet to receive tax exemption from the state revenue department, sources said.
Officials who watched the film at a preview theatre here were not convinced it needed a tax exemption, they said.
Such being the case, the film is unlikely to be released in the state tomorrow as theatre owners and distributors would suffer huge losses, they added.
The film, which is already showing in other countries would, however, have its nationwide release tomorrow.