Release of Vijay's Thalaiva unlikely in Tamil Nadu
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
The much-awaited release of Vijay starrer Thalaiva is unlikely tomorrow as it is yet to receive tax exemption from the state revenue department, sources said.
Officials who watched the film at a preview theatre here were not convinced it needed a tax exemption, they said.
Such being the case, the film is unlikely to be released in the state tomorrow as theatre owners and distributors would suffer huge losses, they added.
The film, which is already showing in other countries would, however, have its nationwide release tomorrow.