Reliance 1 qualify for semis with win over PNB
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Reliance 1 overcame a strong challenge from State Bank of Patiala to win their quarterfinal match by five wickets in a last over thriller in the 9th All India Dr D Y Patil T20 cricket tournament in Navi Mumbai on Friday. Chasing 146 runs, Reliance 1 was without the services of key player Virender Sehwag, but managed the task with the help of Shikhar Dhawan's 48 in 43 balls. The victorious team, however, started the run-chase with a stutter, as they lost skipper Parthiv Patel (20) and Jalaj Saxena (10) cheaply to Sanjay Mahajan.
Dhawan, who hit five boundaries in his knock, was run out while looking for a quick single. Yusuf Pathan and Amitoze Singh then forged a 44-run stand for the fifth wicket to guide their team home. State Bank of Patiala was earlier bundled out for 145.
Brief Scores : Reliance 1: 147/5 in 19.1 overs (Shikhar Dhawan 48, Yusuf Pathan 22, Amitoze Singh 20 not out; Sanjay Mahajan 2-22 Rajiv Sirhindi 1-20, Siddharth Kaul 1-28) bt State Bank of Patiala : 145 all out in 20 overs (Rajiv Sirhindi 41, Jaskaran Singh 31, Vishwas Bhalla 26; Pawan Suyal 1-15, Rishi Dhawan 3-25, Baltej Singh 2-18, Yuzvendra Chahal 1-35) by 5 wickets.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress