Reliance Industries posts 24% jump in Oct-Dec quarter net profit
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
The results were released after the close of trade in India. Shares in the Mumbai-based conglomerate, valued at $52.6 billion, closed up 1.2 percent ahead of the results.
The stock rose by a fifth in 2012, but lagged a 26 percent increase in the main stock index.
The profit rise came despite falling production at the company's key natural gas field off India's east coast and a cut in its estimated reserves by about two-thirds.
The government is expected to increase natural gas prices by 2014, a move that would help Reliance and its partner, BP Plc , justify higher expenditure on the block.
Reliance said it held $14.7 billion in cash at the end of December and had debts of $13.1 billion.
($1= 54.29 rupees)