Reliance launches 'BIG CBS Prime'
- Sena likens Kulkarni to Ajmal Kasab; Uddhav felicitates attackers
- India hits back, says don't need Pakistan lecture on pluralism
- CBI arrests Bank of Baroda AGM, forex ops chief
- China operationalises $1.5 bn dam on Brahmaputra in Tibet
- Salman Rushdie rubbishes criticism by 'Modi Toadies', says he is against 'thuggish violence'
BIG CBS Networks, equal joint venture between Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd (RBNL) and CBS Studios, launched its first premium English general entertainment channel, BIG CBS Prime, which will be available across the country.
The channel will feature America's television shows from CBS Studios international, RBNL said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
"The launch of BIG CBS Prime is the first step towards addressing the current gaps of Indian viewers for internationally acclaimed quality programming," Reliance Broadcast Ltd CEO Tarun Katial said.
BIG CBS Networks has entered into strategic alliances with leading MSOs -- Reliance BIG TV, Digicable, Den Networks and Hathway. Tarun said, "Through our distribution tie-up, we have achieved nearly 100 per cent target audience coverage to reach over 20 million households on the day of launch."
As part of its plan to offer a prolific programming mix, BIG CBS Networks has signed strategic deals with Sony Pictures and NBC Universal for exclusive access to a library of hit Hollywood films to beef up its weekend movie shows.
The company is also in talks with other international studio to acquire a slate of hit Hollywood films.