Reliance launches 'BIG CBS Prime'
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
BIG CBS Networks, equal joint venture between Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd (RBNL) and CBS Studios, launched its first premium English general entertainment channel, BIG CBS Prime, which will be available across the country.
The channel will feature America's television shows from CBS Studios international, RBNL said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
"The launch of BIG CBS Prime is the first step towards addressing the current gaps of Indian viewers for internationally acclaimed quality programming," Reliance Broadcast Ltd CEO Tarun Katial said.
BIG CBS Networks has entered into strategic alliances with leading MSOs -- Reliance BIG TV, Digicable, Den Networks and Hathway. Tarun said, "Through our distribution tie-up, we have achieved nearly 100 per cent target audience coverage to reach over 20 million households on the day of launch."
As part of its plan to offer a prolific programming mix, BIG CBS Networks has signed strategic deals with Sony Pictures and NBC Universal for exclusive access to a library of hit Hollywood films to beef up its weekend movie shows.
The company is also in talks with other international studio to acquire a slate of hit Hollywood films.
Shares of Reliance Broadcast Network were trading at Rs 85.20 on the BSE, down 1.27 per cent from the previous close.