Remixing 'Chammak Challo' was huge responsibility: DJ Khushi
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Delhi-based DJ Khushi, who is the man behind the remixed version of hit song 'Chammak Challo' from Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Ra.One', says remixing the Akon track was a huge responsibility.
Khushi, 26, who has worked on a few film tracks in the past like 'Tum Mile', 'Main & Mrs Khanna', 'Kaminey' and 'De Dana Dan', says he did the club mix keeping in mind that it has to compliment the original score which is already a big hit.
"Remixing Chammak Challo was not just an amazing and an exciting experience but it also came with a lot of responsibility to make a track that compliments the song as it was already a big hit even before the release," he said.
The music is composed by duo Vishal Shekhar and SRK released the remix during the music launch of 'RA.One'. 'Chammak Challo' is the first ever Bollywood track sung by Senegalese American R&B star Akon.
"I had to make the remixed song not only for the Indian audience but for the international market as well. I was a little nervous but Shah Rukh Khan asked me to make the remix. I worked on it and got back to him with the demo. He liked it and asked me to continue and the result is a big success. So, it was because of his support that I got all through this," he added.