Repeatedly raped over five months, minor lodges FIR, man held
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Repeatedly raped over five months, a minor girl from Sirmaur district in Himachal Pradesh has finally registered a case against her alleged rapist, a 45-year-old man, a resident of the same village to which the victim belongs.
As per the complaint that she registered with the Shillai police station on January 5, the victim said that Sher Singh had raped her repeatedly over five months and threatened her with dire consequences if she informed anybody, Rameshwar Thakur, Superintendent of police, Sirmaur, said.
According to the statement recorded by the police, the victim said that on August 14, Sher Singh took her to a maize farm forcibly when she was coming from school and raped her. She said that the accused continued raping her and at one stage she even got pregnant about which she informed him. He forced her to undergo abortion.
She recently disclosed about her ordeal to her mother and sister who immediately met the panchayat pradhan, who in turn asked them to register the case with the police.
SP, Sirmaur, said that the accused had been arrested and the medical examination of the girl was being conducted to confirm the crime.