Hindu terror: Shinde's regret is nonsense (bakwas), says RSS' Mohan Bhagwat
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
RSS supremo Mohanrao Bhagwat today termed Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde's expression of regret for his 'Hindu terror' remark as an attempt to appease a particular section of voters for the next elections.
Appearing in no mood to forgive Shinde for his terror remark and subsequent regret, Bhagwat while answering a query from a public during a question-answer session, said, "His (Shinde's) remarks as well as regret are nonsense (bakwas)".
He said the Sangh Parivar never believed in violence and if the ministry of Home Affairs has any prima facie proof of they being remotely connected to any form of violence, then instead of voicing the same in public, the minister should take appropriate legal action on it.
To another question on his view that rapes occur in India and not in Bharat, Bhagwat reiterated that his statement on the subject was "misquoted".
Bhagwat on a four-day visit to Odisha and was speaking at a public meeting here after attending a day-long programme of the RSS, including meeting intellectuals of the city.