Repolling in a booth in Jangpura constituency on Saturday
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
Delhi's Election Office on Friday announced repolling in one polling booth in Jangpura constituency under New Delhi district on Saturday, two days after the Delhi assembly polls were held on December 4.
Voters registered at the polling booth number 42 at Sarai Kale Khan MCD Primary School will have to cast their votes again on Saturday due to a defect in the Electronic Voting Machine (EVM), said an election official.
"Within one and half hours after the polling began on December 4, a problem was detected with the EVM in the polling booth 42 after which it was replaced. But Friday at 1 PM, we got an order from the office of Chief Electoral Officer to conduct a repoll at the booth," District Election Officer, New Delhi, A Abhiyankar said.
Abhiyankar said the residents of the area and various pockets have been informed through public announcements made through loud speakers and SMSs.
"We have also called up the residents whose numbers are registered with us and informed them that they have to cast their ballot again on Saturday," he said.
Abhiyankar said 813 voters will have to cast their votes between 8 AM and 5 PM.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held