Repolling in a booth in Jangpura constituency on Saturday
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to file nomination from Varanasi tomorrow; Cong slams Modi for levelling 'cheap' allegations against Gandhi family
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Delhi's Election Office on Friday announced repolling in one polling booth in Jangpura constituency under New Delhi district on Saturday, two days after the Delhi assembly polls were held on December 4.
Voters registered at the polling booth number 42 at Sarai Kale Khan MCD Primary School will have to cast their votes again on Saturday due to a defect in the Electronic Voting Machine (EVM), said an election official.
"Within one and half hours after the polling began on December 4, a problem was detected with the EVM in the polling booth 42 after which it was replaced. But Friday at 1 PM, we got an order from the office of Chief Electoral Officer to conduct a repoll at the booth," District Election Officer, New Delhi, A Abhiyankar said.
Abhiyankar said the residents of the area and various pockets have been informed through public announcements made through loud speakers and SMSs.
"We have also called up the residents whose numbers are registered with us and informed them that they have to cast their ballot again on Saturday," he said.
Abhiyankar said 813 voters will have to cast their votes between 8 AM and 5 PM.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready