Report Card 2013......
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
Deputy Commissioner - Rajat Aggarwal
The song Bach ke rehna re baba...is apt for DC Rajat Aggarwal, who has earned the label of a strict administrator from his subordinates. Aggarwal keeps a hawk's eye on all the work shirkers and forced all late comers to be on time. Though he took charge in the last quarter of 2013, in Ludhiana, he earned the support of senior citizens, especially for his project which spoke about their rights. It sent out a strong message to those who do not take good care of their parents.
MC Commissioner - Rahul Tewari
Idhar chala main udhar chala, jaane kahaan main kidhar chala... must be how Municipal Corporation Commissioner Rahul Tewari felt, before he was finally appointed to his present post. While first he was transferred from the post of Ludhiana deputy commissioner (DC) to Amritsar DC, recently there was news of him being appointed the new CA of GLADA. However, finally he was made the MC Commissioner.
Police Commissioner - Nirmal Singh Dhillon
Known for his cool approach while handling even the tough cases, Commissioner Nirmal Singh Dhillon succeeds in pacifying angry complainants soon. One this he is not happy about is the the traffic congestion in this city as he himself has got stuck in traffic jams a number of times. Therefore, apart from maintaining law and order, he believes that managing the traffic properly will solve more than 50 per cent of the problems in the city.
CA GLADA - R K Verma
Senior IAS officer R K Verma, who is now Chief Administrator of Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority (GLADA), can be called an IT buff. During his previous posting as MC Commissioner, Ludhiana, or his present post for that matter, he is always available to media on popular apps and in case he is stuck in a meeting, one can leave questions on his app and there is no doubt that he will not reply.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18