Republic Day: Mobiles, wireless services in Kashmir Valley jammed
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Varun Gandhi to file nomination; Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
Cell phones and wireless Internet connections across Kashmir Valley fell silent today as official functions to celebrate the Republic Day started this morning.
All mobile phone and wireless Internet services were jammed by authorities this morning as a precautionary measure, official sources said.
It has become a regular practice in Kashmir to jam the mobile telephony and Internet signals during Republic Day and Independence Day functions.
Militants have used mobile phones in the past to trigger remote controlled explosive devices in Kashmir.
The services are likely to be restored as soon as the official function at Bakshi Stadium is over in the afternoon.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi