Republic Day: Mobiles, wireless services in Kashmir Valley jammed
- Draft National Encryption Policy gives Govt key to Whatsapp messages, mail
- Why Rahul Gandhi is suddenly obsessed with Narendra Modi
- Bilaspur tunnel collapse: Two of the three trapped workers rescued after nine days
- Bombay HC refuses to relax ban on beef during Bakri Eid
- NRHM scam: CBI to quiz Mayawati to unravel 'larger conspiracy'
Cell phones and wireless Internet connections across Kashmir Valley fell silent today as official functions to celebrate the Republic Day started this morning.
All mobile phone and wireless Internet services were jammed by authorities this morning as a precautionary measure, official sources said.
It has become a regular practice in Kashmir to jam the mobile telephony and Internet signals during Republic Day and Independence Day functions.
Militants have used mobile phones in the past to trigger remote controlled explosive devices in Kashmir.
The services are likely to be restored as soon as the official function at Bakshi Stadium is over in the afternoon.