Republic Day: Mobiles, wireless services in Kashmir Valley jammed
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Cell phones and wireless Internet connections across Kashmir Valley fell silent today as official functions to celebrate the Republic Day started this morning.
All mobile phone and wireless Internet services were jammed by authorities this morning as a precautionary measure, official sources said.
It has become a regular practice in Kashmir to jam the mobile telephony and Internet signals during Republic Day and Independence Day functions.
Militants have used mobile phones in the past to trigger remote controlled explosive devices in Kashmir.
The services are likely to be restored as soon as the official function at Bakshi Stadium is over in the afternoon.