Research In Motion rolls out BlackBerry Enterprise Solution 10
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi addresses a rally in Mysore; No room for debate, dissent under Modi, says Chavan
- Amit Shah will destroy secular fabric of UP: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) today launched its BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES), a solution that will help organisations manage BlackBerry as well as Apple and Android-based devices.
BES 10 offers mobile device management, mobile application management and secure mobile connectivity, and delivers a cost-efficient and reliable solution for business customers, RIM said in a statement.
"BES 10 empowers employees to be more productive and better equipped to serve customers while it provides business and IT leaders with the confidence that corporate data is protected and the manageability that CIOs and IT departments have long enjoyed with BlackBerry," RIM Senior Vice President (Enterprise Software) Peter Devenyi said.
Though BES 10 license is priced at USD 99 (about Rs 5,300), but based on number of users, the pricing would evolve to a tiered pricing model.
Also, the security policies required by the enterprise customer also needs to be defined.
RIM would also offer a trade up program for existing BES customers. It, however, did not diclose the number of BES customers in India.
The launch of the new enterprise solution comes a week before the global launch of BlackBerry10 platform for smartphones on January 30, 2013. RIM is also expected to unveil the first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones that day.
RIM, which was once the leader in the smartphone category, has lost ground to Apple's iPhone and Samsung's Galaxy products in the US and European markets.
BlackBerry 10, which will offer new features like BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry Balance and a new BlackBerry keyboard, is expected to turn around the fortunes of the Canadian company.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city