Resemblance to actual women is accidental
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Sony, at least, lives in the present. Serial characters dress like young people do and, sometimes, live in small flats. These shows began with great promise: a young woman and a much older man in love (Kuch Toh Log Kahenge), middle-class sisters and their young families in a city (Parvarrish), Mona and Pradeep's broken marriage (Kya Hua Tera Vaada), and the unusual love story of Mr Kapoor and Priya in (Bade Achche). But in Parvarrish, the wife serves her entire family before she eats, she will not sing at a function without her husband's permission; and Mona who was poised for a promising new relationship, steps back because of Pradeep (so he has to die and the serial take a 10-year leap forward).
Resemblance to any actual people, situations is entirely accidental. Is there anyone who will get real in 2013?