Resemblance to actual women is accidental
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Sony, at least, lives in the present. Serial characters dress like young people do and, sometimes, live in small flats. These shows began with great promise: a young woman and a much older man in love (Kuch Toh Log Kahenge), middle-class sisters and their young families in a city (Parvarrish), Mona and Pradeep's broken marriage (Kya Hua Tera Vaada), and the unusual love story of Mr Kapoor and Priya in (Bade Achche). But in Parvarrish, the wife serves her entire family before she eats, she will not sing at a function without her husband's permission; and Mona who was poised for a promising new relationship, steps back because of Pradeep (so he has to die and the serial take a 10-year leap forward).
Resemblance to any actual people, situations is entirely accidental. Is there anyone who will get real in 2013?
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2