Reserve Bank of India hikes FII limit in govt securities, corp bond by $5 billion
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR set stiff target for KXIP
In order to check outflow of foreign currency, the government recently hiked import duty on gold and also took steps to encourage mutual funds park their gold in deposit schemes offered by banks.
As a measure of further relaxation, the RBI added that it has dispensed with the one year lock-in period on holding infrastructure bonds.