Reshuffle of babus at Writers’
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Kolkata:The state government on Thursday effected administrative reshuffle with inter-departmental transfer of some IAS officers. P Ramesh Kumar, principal secretary (Labour Department) has been made principal secretary (Fire and Emergency Services Department). Amal Roychowdhury, at present Labour Commissioner, has been elevated and will assume charge as secretary, Labour Department. P D Bandopadhyay, secretary (Forest Department) has been moved to Civil Defence Department in the same capacity. Fire Department secretary Hridesh Mohan has been shifted as secretary, Technical Education Department. Anil Verma, secretary, Food and Supplies Department, has been discharged from the additional charge of Technical Education. Labour Secretary Ashim Kumar Ghosh has been made secretary, Food Processing Department, with additional chage of director of horticulture department.
Tea garden suspends work in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri:Chamorchi Tea Garden at Banarhat in Jalpaiguri district has declared suspension of work from Wednesday midnight, throwing 1,074 employees out of their jobs. The manager gave the suspension of work notice to the Banarhat police station last midnight and left the garden, sources said.