Reshuffle of babus at Writers’
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
Kolkata:The state government on Thursday effected administrative reshuffle with inter-departmental transfer of some IAS officers. P Ramesh Kumar, principal secretary (Labour Department) has been made principal secretary (Fire and Emergency Services Department). Amal Roychowdhury, at present Labour Commissioner, has been elevated and will assume charge as secretary, Labour Department. P D Bandopadhyay, secretary (Forest Department) has been moved to Civil Defence Department in the same capacity. Fire Department secretary Hridesh Mohan has been shifted as secretary, Technical Education Department. Anil Verma, secretary, Food and Supplies Department, has been discharged from the additional charge of Technical Education. Labour Secretary Ashim Kumar Ghosh has been made secretary, Food Processing Department, with additional chage of director of horticulture department.
Tea garden suspends work in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri:Chamorchi Tea Garden at Banarhat in Jalpaiguri district has declared suspension of work from Wednesday midnight, throwing 1,074 employees out of their jobs. The manager gave the suspension of work notice to the Banarhat police station last midnight and left the garden, sources said.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food