Reshuffle of babus at Writers’
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Kolkata:The state government on Thursday effected administrative reshuffle with inter-departmental transfer of some IAS officers. P Ramesh Kumar, principal secretary (Labour Department) has been made principal secretary (Fire and Emergency Services Department). Amal Roychowdhury, at present Labour Commissioner, has been elevated and will assume charge as secretary, Labour Department. P D Bandopadhyay, secretary (Forest Department) has been moved to Civil Defence Department in the same capacity. Fire Department secretary Hridesh Mohan has been shifted as secretary, Technical Education Department. Anil Verma, secretary, Food and Supplies Department, has been discharged from the additional charge of Technical Education. Labour Secretary Ashim Kumar Ghosh has been made secretary, Food Processing Department, with additional chage of director of horticulture department.
Tea garden suspends work in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri:Chamorchi Tea Garden at Banarhat in Jalpaiguri district has declared suspension of work from Wednesday midnight, throwing 1,074 employees out of their jobs. The manager gave the suspension of work notice to the Banarhat police station last midnight and left the garden, sources said.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed