Reshuffle of babus at Writers’
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
Kolkata:The state government on Thursday effected administrative reshuffle with inter-departmental transfer of some IAS officers. P Ramesh Kumar, principal secretary (Labour Department) has been made principal secretary (Fire and Emergency Services Department). Amal Roychowdhury, at present Labour Commissioner, has been elevated and will assume charge as secretary, Labour Department. P D Bandopadhyay, secretary (Forest Department) has been moved to Civil Defence Department in the same capacity. Fire Department secretary Hridesh Mohan has been shifted as secretary, Technical Education Department. Anil Verma, secretary, Food and Supplies Department, has been discharged from the additional charge of Technical Education. Labour Secretary Ashim Kumar Ghosh has been made secretary, Food Processing Department, with additional chage of director of horticulture department.
Tea garden suspends work in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri:Chamorchi Tea Garden at Banarhat in Jalpaiguri district has declared suspension of work from Wednesday midnight, throwing 1,074 employees out of their jobs. The manager gave the suspension of work notice to the Banarhat police station last midnight and left the garden, sources said.