Reshuffle of babus at Writers’
- Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi resigns taking 'moral responsibility' for INS Sindhuratna accident
- Lok Sabha elections: TRS gives Congress the jitters post Telangana creation, says merger unlikely
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy fails to appear in SC, non-bailable arrest warrant issued
- No execution for KLF terrorist Bhullar in present health condition: Centre tells SC
- BJP offers seven seats to Paswan but with a rider: 'your symbol, our candidate'
Kolkata:The state government on Thursday effected administrative reshuffle with inter-departmental transfer of some IAS officers. P Ramesh Kumar, principal secretary (Labour Department) has been made principal secretary (Fire and Emergency Services Department). Amal Roychowdhury, at present Labour Commissioner, has been elevated and will assume charge as secretary, Labour Department. P D Bandopadhyay, secretary (Forest Department) has been moved to Civil Defence Department in the same capacity. Fire Department secretary Hridesh Mohan has been shifted as secretary, Technical Education Department. Anil Verma, secretary, Food and Supplies Department, has been discharged from the additional charge of Technical Education. Labour Secretary Ashim Kumar Ghosh has been made secretary, Food Processing Department, with additional chage of director of horticulture department.
Tea garden suspends work in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri:Chamorchi Tea Garden at Banarhat in Jalpaiguri district has declared suspension of work from Wednesday midnight, throwing 1,074 employees out of their jobs. The manager gave the suspension of work notice to the Banarhat police station last midnight and left the garden, sources said.
Another suspension of work notice was put up at the garden gate. The police had gone to the garden on January 21 after employees protested half pay announced by the management on account of fall in production.