Residents can now view and download UID numbers online
- Kansas shooting: Indian employee of Garmin, Srinivas Kuchibhotla, becomes victim of racial attack
- Maharashtra civic polls 2017: Behind BJP’s art of winning, there’s craft too
- UP polls 2017: Many sing Akhilesh Yadav’s praise but not all of them will put their vote where their mouth is
- Kalikho Pul note: Cautious Centre says can’t besmirch reputations by ordering probe
- Ramjas Scare: Drama fest called off over ‘anti-national’ charge
Unique Identification numbers will be generated and made available on the Internet within a month of enrollment
City residents will not have to wait for their Unique Identification (UID) numbers also called Adhaar to reach them via post anymore as they will now be able to download the e-Adhaar letters within a month after enrollment. Applicants can avail their Adhaar (UID numbers) by visiting http://qamis.uidai.gov.in/eaadhaar/ and feeding in their enrollment ID, name and pincode number as recorded in the enrollment slip.
Once the database gets verified, the applicants can view and download the e-Adhaar letter. As per the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) officials, the service has been launched to allow the applicants access their UID numbers as and when they get generated.
"UID number gets generated within a month after the enrollment.However, the applicants receive the UIDs after 45 days since all the Adhaar letters are to be dispatched from Bangalore via post," said an official.
It is pertinent to note that the authenticity of the e-Adhaar letters will be the same as that of the one sent across by UIDAI by post.
The official further informed, "Though we will continue with our process of sending the Adhaar letters to the applicants by post, those who need it early have been given the option to access it online. The e-Adhaar letters will be identical to the ones sent by us. The online service has been launched to save the time consumed in postal delay."
For enrollment, applicants are required to bring in only three documents - one each for proof of Identity (any photo ID), residence and date of birth. The residence proof helps in identification of address for correspondence where the UID number is later sent by post.
- RBI’s obstinate refusal to cut policy rates is not based on economic logic
- As a Communist student activist, I was never attacked by ABVP members; that was another era
- States obsessed with borders may even implode, making their people refugees
- Maharashtra civic elections signal a deeper restructuring of political competition in the state
- Copyright law fixes royalties to singers; don’t blame music firms for non payment
- Once you start marching to tune of ‘Left Right, Left Right’, you’re mostly marching, not thinking critically