Residents can now view and download UID numbers online
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Unique Identification numbers will be generated and made available on the Internet within a month of enrollment
City residents will not have to wait for their Unique Identification (UID) numbers — also called Adhaar — to reach them via post anymore as they will now be able to download the e-Adhaar letters within a month after enrollment. Applicants can avail their Adhaar (UID numbers) by visiting http://qamis.uidai.gov.in/eaadhaar/ and feeding in their enrollment ID, name and pincode number as recorded in the enrollment slip.
Once the database gets verified, the applicants can view and download the e-Adhaar letter. As per the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) officials, the service has been launched to allow the applicants access their UID numbers as and when they get generated.
"UID number gets generated within a month after the enrollment.However, the applicants receive the UIDs after 45 days since all the Adhaar letters are to be dispatched from Bangalore via post," said an official.
It is pertinent to note that the authenticity of the e-Adhaar letters will be the same as that of the one sent across by UIDAI by post.
The official further informed, "Though we will continue with our process of sending the Adhaar letters to the applicants by post, those who need it early have been given the option to access it online. The e-Adhaar letters will be identical to the ones sent by us. The online service has been launched to save the time consumed in postal delay."
For enrollment, applicants are required to bring in only three documents - one each for proof of Identity (any photo ID), residence and date of birth. The residence proof helps in identification of address for correspondence where the UID number is later sent by post.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express