Retaliation by Indian Army after unprovoked firing by Pakistan across LoC
Mortar shelling from across the LoC got intensified today with Pakistani troops resorting to unprovoked firing on some more areas on the Indian side.
Giving details, sources said the initially in the morning, Pakistani troops had started mortar shelling on over half a dozen forward Indian positions in Mankote area. However, by noon, the unprovoked shelling by then spread to Balakote and Nendgar areas as well.
The Indian army were retaliating and the exchange of fire between two sides was in progress.
After a brief lull on LoC and the international border, Pakistani troops have again been resorting to unprovoked firing on the Indian side. An Army's Launce Naik had died in mortar shelling from across the LoC in Bhimber Gali area on Tuesday. Prior to it, a BSF jawan was injured in firing by Pakistani Rangers from across the international border in Samba sector.
- No SP role in dropping sedition charges, say Meerut officials
- NaMo Army stages dharna, wants BJP to name Modi from Varanasi
- EC halts Amitabh Bachchan’s shooting for Gujarat tourism
- Wigan stun Man City again in FA Cup
- Cong primaries bring state chief, CM at loggerheads
- Sangh’s public backing of Modi begins