Retaliation by Indian Army after unprovoked firing by Pakistan across LoC
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Third FIR against Giriraj Singh; Muslims should not be afraid of BJP, says Joshi
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: Can SRH bowlers put brakes on KXIP batsmen?
Mortar shelling from across the LoC got intensified today with Pakistani troops resorting to unprovoked firing on some more areas on the Indian side.
Giving details, sources said the initially in the morning, Pakistani troops had started mortar shelling on over half a dozen forward Indian positions in Mankote area. However, by noon, the unprovoked shelling by then spread to Balakote and Nendgar areas as well.
The Indian army were retaliating and the exchange of fire between two sides was in progress.
After a brief lull on LoC and the international border, Pakistani troops have again been resorting to unprovoked firing on the Indian side. An Army's Launce Naik had died in mortar shelling from across the LoC in Bhimber Gali area on Tuesday. Prior to it, a BSF jawan was injured in firing by Pakistani Rangers from across the international border in Samba sector.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready