Retired Delhi DSPís son held for helping Narayan Sai
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Surat police have arrested the 18-year-old son of a retired DSP of Delhi in the Narayan Sai case. The teenager was produced before a local court Thursday and sent to four-day judicial custody. Police said the teenager, a Class 12 Delhi student, was summoned by the police. He had come to Surat with his father to record his statements Wednesday.
Surat police found that the teenager and his family were staunch followers of Asaram and he allegedly helped Sai and others evade arrest in the sexual assault case.
After his arrest Wednesday, the police produced the teenager before Additional Senior Civil Judge A S Gadhvi Thursday and sought a four-day remand period. Surat police told the court he with Sai and his aides when they were absconding.
He had also met Sai at a house in Ambala and provided him with a car that he had got from Dharmesh Parihar, the caretaker of Delhi ashram. Dharmesh is presently out on bail. The teenager is also suspected to have provided SIM cards and mobile phones to Sai when he was on the run.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in large¬†numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, says¬†Rahul
- ‚ÄėModi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitude‚Ä¶ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for this¬†country‚Äô
- ‚ÄėNarmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canals‚Äô | The Indian Express