Retired IAS officer gets 5 yrs jail for amassing illegal wealth
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
It had said that he and his family members had invested around Rs 3.73 lakh in FDs/NSCs/NSS. Besides that, a large number of valuable gift items, including silverware, expensive glass items, costly pens and crockery had also been recovered.
Malaichamy, who was holding the post of managing director of Delhi Khadi and Village Industries Board, was given an additional charge of Election Commissioner in 2001 after the approval by the lieutenant governor, Delhi.