Retired IAS officer gets 5 yrs jail for amassing illegal wealth
- No resignations, BJP prepares for stormy Monsoon session
- IPL GC meet: Thakur-Shirke want CSK, RR scrapped; Shukla-Shastri say no
- Arvind Kejriwal to PM: Devote time to Delhi Police or hand over its charge
- Two killed in landslide on Mumbai-Pune Expressway, traffic comes to halt
- IIT Delhi's decision to invite Ramdev raises eyebrows
It had said that he and his family members had invested around Rs 3.73 lakh in FDs/NSCs/NSS. Besides that, a large number of valuable gift items, including silverware, expensive glass items, costly pens and crockery had also been recovered.
Malaichamy, who was holding the post of managing director of Delhi Khadi and Village Industries Board, was given an additional charge of Election Commissioner in 2001 after the approval by the lieutenant governor, Delhi.