Retired SDO commits suicide, cops say was depressed
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
An 86-year-old retired sub-divisional officer of the Public Health Department, Swarn Singh, allegedly committed suicide at his residence in Punjab Mata Nagar by hanging himself from the ceiling fan on Saturday morning.
Reportedly, after the death of his physically-challenged daughter and wife, he had gone into depression.
Sarabha Nagar police station ASI Pawittar Singh said the domestic help was the first to see the body, following which she informed Jatinder Singh, nephew of the deceased, who lives near their house.
Later, Jatinder informed the police about the incident. ASI Singh said according to prima facie, Swarn Singh committed suicide due to depression and loneliness, but the police is investigating the matter.
The police sent the body to the civil hospital for post mortem.
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs