Cabinet likely to clear Dwarka flat for Delhi gangrape victim's family
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Union Cabinet meeting slated for 5 pm today will take up the issue of allotting a DDA flat in Dwarka for the family of the Delhi gangrape victim.
The Cabinet is taking this up because it is a case of special allotment.
Sources said the Cabinet in all likelihood will clear the allotment of an MIG flat in Dwarka.
The government had earlier decided to provide accommodation for the family in Bhawana.
During UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi's visit to the family they had requested for a flat closer to maintown Delhi.
Promising swift and fitting punishment for the Delhi gangrape accused, Congress President had earlier said the nation's "beloved daughter" will get justice and her fight will not go in vain.
The family of the 23-year-old paramedic student want nothing less than death sentence for all the accused, including the minor, and has urged the Central government to amend the law in this connection.
The 23-year-old paramedical student was brutally assaulted and gangraped in a moving bus allegedly by six persons, including a juvenile, on the night of December 16 before being dumped in a south Delhi locality here. Her male friend was also assaulted.
The victim later died at a Singapore hospital.
- â€˜I like to read about him (Modi)â€¦ I know he will becomeÂ PMâ€™
- â€˜Targetâ€™ closest advisers of Sonia Gandhi for VVIP chopper deal, key middleman toldÂ AgustaWestland
- Nitish, Mulayam, Gowda join hands to shape 14-party â€˜federalÂ frontâ€™
- Harish Rawat to be Uttarakhandâ€™s new Chief Minister | The Indian Express