- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Manmohan Singh didnât put wifeâs name in Rajya Sabha affidavit, says BJP
Fashion designers Navin Shetty and Rick Roy bring back the Amrapali costumes, stone wash shirts, neon colors and jackets out of the1980s closet with Sajid Khan's remake of Himmatwala
What's in: * Regular half sleeve T-shirt * Denim jackets and pants * Darker shades in pants
What's out: * Magyar sleeve T-shirt * Corduroys * White pants
Naveen Shetty, who styled Ajay Devgn in Himmatwala reveals that some of the interesting parts of the actor's wardrobe have been picked up in New York. Sajid Khan wanted Devgn to sport the quintessential white shoes look made popular by Jeetendra in the Taaki o taaki song. Interestingly, Shetty found a replica of the pair in the Nike Air Force 1 version at a store in New York.
"I had gone to New York for some personal work. I spotted these white shoes at a window of the Nike stores, it reminded me of the one made popular by Jeetendra. Surprisingly, the shoes also belonged to the 1980s series. The shopkeepers gave me a certificate that proved that they were crafted in that era. These shoes are called the Air Force 1 by Nike and were also seen in the Hollywood film Back To The Future. I immediately bought them, and when Sajid saw them, he was very happy," elaborates Shetty.
New York proved to be a treasure trove for not just the white shoes, but also in recreating the entire style of the retro era, which included stone washed shirts, which the designer thought were appropriate for styling Ajay Devgn's look.
Shetty did research a lot before he finalised a retro look that would work even today. The research included watching Vinod Khanna and Jackie Shroff starrers. Elements such as bright colours and denim jackets have all been incorporated in the film.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit