- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Fashion designers Navin Shetty and Rick Roy bring back the Amrapali costumes, stone wash shirts, neon colors and jackets out of the1980s closet with Sajid Khan's remake of Himmatwala
What's in: * Regular half sleeve T-shirt * Denim jackets and pants * Darker shades in pants
What's out: * Magyar sleeve T-shirt * Corduroys * White pants
Naveen Shetty, who styled Ajay Devgn in Himmatwala reveals that some of the interesting parts of the actor's wardrobe have been picked up in New York. Sajid Khan wanted Devgn to sport the quintessential white shoes look made popular by Jeetendra in the Taaki o taaki song. Interestingly, Shetty found a replica of the pair in the Nike Air Force 1 version at a store in New York.
"I had gone to New York for some personal work. I spotted these white shoes at a window of the Nike stores, it reminded me of the one made popular by Jeetendra. Surprisingly, the shoes also belonged to the 1980s series. The shopkeepers gave me a certificate that proved that they were crafted in that era. These shoes are called the Air Force 1 by Nike and were also seen in the Hollywood film Back To The Future. I immediately bought them, and when Sajid saw them, he was very happy," elaborates Shetty.
New York proved to be a treasure trove for not just the white shoes, but also in recreating the entire style of the retro era, which included stone washed shirts, which the designer thought were appropriate for styling Ajay Devgn's look.
Shetty did research a lot before he finalised a retro look that would work even today. The research included watching Vinod Khanna and Jackie Shroff starrers. Elements such as bright colours and denim jackets have all been incorporated in the film.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly