Return of Dabangg
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
The album starts with Dagabaaz re, which will remind you of Tere mast mast do nain. Sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Shreya Ghoshal, the song is slow and melodious, and with Rahat's vocals, adopts a sufi-like character.
Panday jee seeti comically begins with the voice of a cop shouting orders to his subordinates. Sung by Wajid, Mamta Sharma and Shreya Ghoshal, this number is humorous, deliberately perhaps (lyrics go Thana mein baithe on duty, bajave pandey jee seeti). Even in the video of the song has amusing choreography, featuring Salman Khan, who plays Pandey. The song is about Pandey's duties as a policeman and the fear he inculcates in crooks and thieves. There is also a remixed version of the song.
Fevicol Se is the item number of the movie, pictuised on Kareena Kapoor. Mamta Sharma stays true to the theme of the song and adopts a seductive vocal disposition. Even though the number lacks in energy compared to Malaika Arora Khan's Munni badnaam, Mamta's and Wajid's vocals are simply flawless, and add vivacity to the song. The remixed version of the song is more thumping, of course, and can become a disco favourite.
Sonu Niigam and Tulsi Kumar croon Saanson ne, a quintessential romantic song. Both singers' rendition is beautiful, which clubbed with the soft, smooth beats give the song a good feel.
Sukhwinder Singh comes off as even more stronger in Dabangg Reloaded, a new version of the popular 2010 number Hud hud dabangg. Its more powerful than the original and has the ability to stand on its own. Sukhwinder's inimitable vocals bring newness to the number, which will stay with Dabangg fans for quite some time. The remix of Dabangg Reloaded starts with subtle beats, then gradually grows impressively with the tempo of the song.
The audio of Dabangg 2 is bound to appeal to everyone who loved Dabangg. More than one song in the album has the potential to top the charts and smash records, just like the last album did.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed