Revellers lynch dhaba owner in Midnapore
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Midnight scuffle Picnicgoers were on their way to Orissa, 35 of them arrested on Tuesday.
A group of picnicgoers lynched the owner of a roadside dhaba in Belda in West Midnapore district late on Monday night. Another worker of the dhabha has been hospitalised with serious injuries.
Police said, the incident took place late Monday night when a bus carrying a group of 42 picnicgoers stopped at the roadside eatery for food. The group was going to Orissa from Midnapore for a picnic.
Locals said, the revellers soon got involved in an altercation with five persons working at the dhaba, including the owner — Sunil Kar. The altercation soon turned into a scuffle and at least 20 members of the group started beating the dhaba owner and his employees. They then ransacked the dhaba.
Later locals reached the spot and rescued Kar and his workers. Swapan, a worker, was also critically injured. Both were taken to a local hospital where Kar was declared dead on arrival. Police reached the spot in the wee hours on Tuesday and have arrested 35 people allegedly involved in the incident.