Revenue collection up 35% in 4 months
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
Mitra also said the state is moving ahead with project development on a public-private partnership (PPP) model.
He reiterated the state government's stand on land, saying it would not be a problem for entrepreneurs. "Land is not a problem and we exhort industrialists to come to the state,'' he said.
The CPM expressed doubts over Mitra's claims. "We have serious doubts about his claims. I will check records tomorrow,'' Anisur Rehman, CPM leader and chairman of the Public Accounts Committee of the Assembly, said.