Revenue officer held in rape case
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
A Village Revenue Officer (VRO) of Nandivada in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh has been arrested for allegedly raping his colleague, police said today.
Nandivada VRO B Pandu was arrested after a rape case was registered against him last evening, police said adding the accused has been identified as one B Pandu.
The victim had joined his office as his assistant around four months ago, Nandivada police sub-inspector B Jaya Raju said.
According to police, Pandu once offered her a spiked soft drink, following which she fell unconscious. He then took her objectionable pictures and black-mailed her to have physical relationship with him.
The woman lodged a complaint with the police yesterday and a case under sections 376 and 506 of the IPC has been registered against the accused.