- Water that belongs to India cannot be allowed to go to Pakistan: PM Modi in Bathinda
- Demonetisation LIVE updates: Ruckus in Parliament over PM Modi's absence, but he is in Bathinda
- Those accusing govt of not being prepared for demonetisation were themselves not ready: PM Modi
- UP polls: Parties say BJP setting agenda; voters praise end but ask how long do we suffer the means?
- Demonetisation: Exchange of banned Rs 500, 1000 notes to continue at RBI counters
Cast:Sudeep, Samantha, Naveen
Director: SS Rajamouli
Indian Express Rating: ***1/2
A fly is something that buzzes about, settles on your food and on your person, and arouses annoyance. 'Makkhi' gives us a refreshingly different, innovative take on a little creature one tends to swat away and forget : in SS Rajamouli's hugely entertaining film, a housefly bests the bad guy, and comes out on top.
I saw the subtitled-in-English, made-in-Telugu 'Eega' ( the Tamil version, equally successful, is 'Naan Ee') a couple of months ago, and had a total blast. The dubbed-in –Hindi 'Makkhi' matches up in all respects. The dubbing is well done, and the film loses nothing in translation. It helps, of course, that the 'makkhi' is largely silent, its eloquence and cleverness coming from the superb animation, near the best I've seen in an Indian film.
- Law does not matter, form does not matter. There will be constant mobilisation
- The thana police, the first line of defence against terror, remains in a dismal state
- Government has failed to uphold Ambedkar’s vision of social and economic equality
- Ideologies are determining politicians’ assessment of the costs of the policy. Amid the commotion, food prices have been stable
- Demonetisation can help us leave behind culture of illegality, indiscipline, ill-gotten wealth
- M.G.K. Menon contributed to science and the building of modern India