Review panel on land laws calls for allowing owners to join small plots
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
"This will help in encouraging people to create stilt parking in residential plots. Municipal officials had sent this recommendation to the Lieutenant-Governor for consideration earlier,'' the official said.
Some modifications in public and semi-public facilities have also been recommended. "In case of plots allotted to political parties by the government land housing agencies, up to 15 per cent of maximum floor area ratio may be utilised for residential use,'' the recommendations state.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling