Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Cast: Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, Ezra Miller
Director: Stephen Chbosky
The Indian Express rating: *1/2
Chbosky wrote the popular book on which this film is based and directs it as well. Perhaps he thought what he put on paper would translate well on screen. That means having a half-dozed, confused, murmuring teen, just entering high school, having some sort of visions, who not only manages to do well well in class but finds nice friends and love in no time at all, with the latter too turning out to be unremarkable but fun and non-cruel.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness