Reviewing the Yellow Book
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Given the persisting anger over the recent rape in the capital, should we expect a change in the mindset of our political masters in this critical area affecting the security of the common man? The public expressions of sorrow and promises of drastic steps to improve law and order made by our leaders need to be translated into action. This includes giving up some of the undue privileges they have enjoyed so far.
The writer is former secretary, internal security, ministry of home affairs