Reviews: Sholay 3D in theatres, Chinese whispers in the bookshelf
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- UP BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat, MP top 3 industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Here's a collection of reviews from across genres: Movies, Books and Tech.
For those who saw it back when it released (75), it is a crackling refresh, and for those who have only seen re-runs on television, this is your chance to experience a genuine, panoramic wide screen, and how riveting a story and how memorable every single character can be.
What can you say when you are faced with characters who make no sense, and speak only nonsense? Jafferi is an `international terrorist', who dons several terrible disguises, one of which involves a huge wig and blackface. Raaz roams around with a couple of fellows. Hirjee does exactly what I'm not sure.
It is a veritable trail of blood. Without let-up or pause, the reader is subjected to one horror story after another — violence, torture, cruelty unleashed by the Party, and, worst of all, ordinary people being made complicit to the violence.
As the members get photographed next to whatever is the defining monument of that place, Perur says, "We go not so much to see them as to confirm their existence, to reassure ourselves that we are after all in the place we aspired to be. We see nothing in Europe. We come here with pictures in our heads, and we leave with our heads in those pictures
The sequel cannot be read as a stand-alone book — and this could prove a problem for those who have not read The Wildings. A few months after the great battle with the feral alpha cat Datura and his tribe, the worries of Katar, the Nizamuddin clan's elder, have come true: life is becoming harder for the clan.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again